Dr. Craig Koniver is here to share about a health topic that might be new to many of you listening. It sounds a little unusual! Ever thought about taking vitamins … through an IV?
I’ve been interested in nutrient IVs for several years since receiving one at my doctor’s office and noticing the results. Thanks to a few gene mutations, it is hard for me to absorb certain nutrients correctly, and the IV seemed to really help.
Today, I delve into the science behind nutrient IVs with Dr. Craig Koniver, creator of the FastVitaminIV™ system, the only patent pending performance medicine IV that delivers vitamins, minerals, and amino acids directly into your bloodstream in 60 seconds or less.
A proactive (and natural) approach to health? Yes please!
Dr. Craig Koniver on Vitamin IVs
Early in his medical career, Dr. Koniver realized he wanted to offer his patients more than prescriptions. He opened Primary Plus Organic Medicine LLC in Charleston, South Carolina, in 2006 and turned his attention to learning about the cutting edge of natural medicine.
Dr. Koniver noticed the growing trend of professional athletes and patients interested in receiving nutrients intravenously and began to look for a better way to deliver these benefits (without sitting with a slow drip IV for an hour).
As someone who has struggled for a long time my thyroid, I know how challenging it is to figure out certain health issues. You can make all the “right” changes but still be missing a piece a big piece of the puzzle. Nutrient IVs have been a part of that missing piece for me, and I hope it can help some of you who suspect you might be in a similar situation.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- reasons why today’s population is more nutrient deficient than ever before
- the major epidemic affecting women today
- how much benefit we really get from those expensive oral vitamin supplements
- why we often can’t get all our nutrients from food, even with a healthful diet
- what macronutrients and micronutrients are, and control hormone balance in our bodies
- Dr. Koniver’s unique solution to managing health proactively, and why he chose it
- what makes fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin D so important, and how to know if you have optimal levels
- the role of amino acids in the body … it’s one we don’t want to ignore
- benefits of glutamine: the all-important amino acid for gut health
- the vitamins Dr. Koniver considers most essential to his protocol (he makes sure they are in every FastIV!)
- why the speed of intravenous nutrients matters (beyond just saving you time)
- where to get access to nutrient IVs, who should get them, and how often
- positive hormone-boosting effects of putting down your phone and tapping into real community
- Dr. Koniver’s own strategies for reducing stress and improving health in everyday life
- my own take on how it feels to get a nutrient IV, and whether I recommend the experience!
Resources We Mention
Have you heard of intravenous vitamin therapy? Would you try it?
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Kettle and Fire Bone Broth. If you love the benefits of bone broth but don’t love the time it takes to make and how tough it can be to find quality bones to make it, Kettle and Fire is for you! Their bone broth is a regular staple in my kitchen these days, and it was what I used to create the recipes in my new bone broth e-book (releasing later this year).
So they use only bones from 100% grass-fed pasture raised cattle that are never given hormones and antibiotics. It’s also unique because they focus on bones that are especially high in collagen, which is one of the healthiest things you can put in your body. You can find them in many Whole Foods on the west coast and you can also order online at KettleAndFire.com/WellnessMama
This episode is also sponsored by Plant Therapy. There are so many options out there when it comes to essential oils and I’ve used a lot of them over the years. Now I most often turn to Plant Therapy because they have a
large assortment of organic oils and a whole lot of kid-safe blends. (It doesn’t hurt that they also have really good prices!) Their oils have no additives or synthetic ingredients and they publish their testing results for all of their oils so you can verify the quality.
Their kid-safe blends are formulated by Robert Tisserand, who is largely considered one of the foremost experts in essential oil safety, so I feel I can trust him. If you want to check them out, right now they’re running some big sales that are changing daily. Go to wellnessmama.com/go/oils to get all the current discounts.